Mount Zion Mitzvah Trip to Uganda
December 23-January 4, 2012
Application Deadline: May 1, 2012!
We need YOUâ€ˆto make this mitzvah trip a “go!” So far, we have 3 (of 10 necessary individuals) planning to go and 4 families seriously considering it.
Volunteer opportunities with the Abayudaya (Jewish community) may include:
- Assisting with micro-business plans.
- Medical professionals will consult in advance with Dr. Banir Masaba, our clinic contact, to identify the most-needed medical assistance.
- Helping to plan and participate in an evening musical event.
- Youth leadership development.
- Leading sports and drama activities for children and teens.
- Children and teens will have an opportunity to shadow a similar-aged youth for part of a day to learn about the daily lives of their counterparts.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Cantor Spilker.
Read more details: 2012 Uganda Trip or fill out the 2012 Application Form We will need a minimum of 10 participants to keep the costs to those listed on the brochure.
Tzedakah for Uganda
Our SPORTY Board teens raised funds on Purim, and we added monies collected at a recent Mount Zion Board meeting to send over $300 to The Semei Kukungulu High School to pay for Afripads to keep girls in school when they are menstruating.
Pen Pal Program
Would your teen like a pen pal in Uganda? If so, please contact Cantor Spilker by e-mail or at 651-698-3881