All congregants are invited to any of these events:
- Tuesday, March 14, 7:00 – 9:00 pm at Mount Zion in Margolis Hall
- Sunday, March 19, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at Mount Zion in Margolis Hall
- Sunday, March 19, 1:30-3 p.m., on Zoom. Register in advance to receive the Zoom link.
Imagining Mount Zion’s Future
- Envision the future: What do YOU want Mount Zion to look like?!
- Wrestle with really BIG ideas!
- Respond to a draft vision and strategic plan for Mount Zion that has been shaped by the Kivvun Task Force over the past 15 months.
- Create art that captures your hopes for Mount Zion and our community!
- Enjoy snacks and beverages with your friends!
For the past 15 months a group of 35 Mount Zion volunteers (called the Kivvun La’Atid Task Force) has been developing ideas for shaping our congregation’s future. We’ve been looking at demographics and trends, exploring the experiences of members and non-members, exploring what we love about our congregation and what we wish we could do differently.
Now it is time to set our direction and commit to a path as we prepare to adopt a new Strategic Plan. The Board will vote on this in May. We have drafted a new vision statement, described a general path towards the vision, and selected some key priority directions for the coming years.
We invite you to talk with us about our proposals and offer your feedback and priorities. Your opinion matters and your voice is important; please share them with us at one or both of these interactive congregational meetings.
If you cannot attend any of these events, you will also be able to submit your ideas and comments in written form. We are working on that option and will provide more information soon!
Please contact Shai Avny if you need accessibility accommodations at least four days before the event you want to attend.