Holiness, Rest, and Joy
Join the men of Mount Zion for our 7th annual men’s retreat – a weekend of fun, camaraderie, spirituality and enjoying the great outdoors!
Here are just some of the plans and activities that are available:
- Activity options include: Swimming, hiking, fishing, boating (rowboat, canoes and kayak), ropes course with a zip line!
- Or cards, games, schmoozing!
- Shabbat services with creative participation, contemplative music, and Torah study.
- Rabbi Spilker will provide insight about the movie “A Serious Man.” After watching it, we’ll discuss how the themes intersect with our own lives and how we handle tough times (fair or unfair) and the consequences of our choices.
- Optional group Friday and Shabbat afternoon bike rides
- Optional Audubon program on Owls
The registration fee covers lodging for both nights, 5 delicious meals, snacks, drinks and all programming. Check-in time for the retreat will begin at 4 p.m., with Shabbat dinner to start at 7 p.m. Optional early activities on Friday will be announced as the retreat approaches. The retreat fills up quickly, so please register early to ensure your spot! The cost for a room for men age 46 and older is $280 (single) or $200 (double). The cost for a room for men age 45 and younger is $255 (single) or $175 (double). There will be a drawing from all who register for a $25 discount on the registration fee.
For further information, please contact Bruce Matza at 651-337-2543 | e-mail or Brian Serle at 612-251-5045 | e-mail. We want to make this retreat accessible to you! Please contact Bruce or Brian so we can discuss how we can make that happen.