Join the men of Mount Zion for our 8th annual men’s retreat – a weekend of fun, camaraderie, spirituality, and enjoying the great outdoors!
Featuring conversations with Shai Avny
Mount Zion’s Congregational Engagement Director
“Experiences as a solider in the IDF” and
“Israel’s Borders and Neighbors”
Here are just some of the additional plans and activities that are available:
- Swimming, hiking, fishing, biking and boating (rowboats, canoes and kayaks).
- Optional group Friday and Shabbat afternoon bike rides.
- Yoga or Meditation Session!
- Cards, games and schmoozing!
- Shabbat services with creative participation, contemplative music, and Torah study.
- The movie, The Other Son, a story about two boys raised by Jewish and Palestinian families, who learn at the age of 18 that they were accidentally switched at birth. We look forward to an insightful discussion after the movie.
- Enjoy the Audubon facilities and appreciate the surrounding wildlife.
- Relax and make new friends from Mount Zion!
The registration fee covers lodging for both nights, 5 delicious meals, snacks, drinks and all programming.
Check-in time for the retreat begins at 4 p.m., with Shabbat dinner at 7 p.m. Optional early activities on Friday will be announced as the retreat approaches. The retreat fills up quickly, so please register early to ensure your spot! For a single room, the cost is $280, double room $200. There is a discount for men under the age of 40 (single $255; double $175).
For further information, please contact Bruce Matza at 651-337-2543 | e-mail or Brian Serle at 612-251-5045 | e-mail. We want to make this retreat accessible to you! Please contact Bruce or Brian so we can discuss how we can make that happen.