The Joy of Welcoming the Stranger: Connecting with Self, Others and God
Top Ten Reasons To Attend OBOS This Year:
- Connect – Meet and build new friendships with interesting, engaging, creative, women from their 20s-80s in a fun, casual setting
- Relax – Enjoy time to unwind, let go, and breathe more deeply as you nestle into a woodland lodge. Maybe even schedule a massage!
- Uplift – Participate in creative services looking out onto beautiful nature. Listen to the voices of 50 women singing together in prayerful services.
- Nourish – Allow the retreat staff to prepare you four delicious meals. We will do our best to honor specific dietary needs.
- Rejuvenate – You choose how you spend your time: inspiring Shabbat services, interesting workshops, walking in the woods, a Shabbat nap, creative art projects, shmoozing, quiet meditation or getting a massage. This retreat is for YOU!
- Learn – In addition to our fantastic clergy, Rabbi Esther Adler and Cantor Rachel Stock Spilker, we are blessed to have scholar-in-residence, Michele Rusinko, with us! Michele is an internationally known teacher, choreographer, dancer and writer, and a member of Mount Zion. Together, our talented leaders will engage us in inspiring, playful and meaningful workshops to learn more about ourselves, each other and our world.
- Inspire – Led by dynamic and talented songleader Wendy Goldberg, melodies, harmonies, and music weave throughout our retreat. Sing, dance, listen and enjoy the sounds of women’s voices rising together!
- Affirm – Enjoy an environment that affirms each person’s unique gifts. The positive, friendly atmosphere of the retreat welcomes new participants and helps everyone feel part of the larger community of women at Mount Zion.
- Comfort – The retreat takes place in lovely Stillwater, MN at the peaceful Dunrovin Retreat Center, located on 50 acres along the St. Croix River. You may choose a single or double room. Linens and towels are provided.
- Discover – Come find out what makes this Shabbaton one of the greatest offerings for women of any age at Mount Zion Temple!
Cost, includes lodging for one night, four delicious meals, and all programming:
$170 – Early-bird for Mount Zion members now through December 21.
$190 – Non-members as well as members registering after December 21.
$40 – Additional fee for those wishing to stay for a second night & depart on Sunday.
Confidential financial assistance is available to members. Contact Cantor Rachel Stock Spilker at 651-698-3881 for assistance.
OBOS is made possible, in part, by a generous donation from the Women of Mount Zion.