Riding the Waves: The Ebb and Flow of our Lives through Jewish Ritual
Top Ten Reasons To Attend OBOS This Year:
- Connect – Meet and build new friendships with interesting, engaging, creative, women from their 20s-80s in a fun, casual setting
- Relax – Enjoy time to unwind, let go, and breathe more deeply as you nestle into a woodland lodge. Maybe even schedule a massage!
- Uplift – Participate in creative services looking out onto beautiful nature. Listen to the voices of 50 women singing together in prayerful services.
- Nourish – Allow the retreat staff to prepare you four delicious meals. We will do our best to honor specific dietary needs.
- Rejuvenate – You choose how you spend your time: inspiring Shabbat services, interesting workshops, walking in the woods, a Shabbat nap, creative art projects, shmoozing, quiet meditation or getting a massage. This retreat is for YOU!
- Learn – Inspired by to our fantastic clergy, Rabbi Esther Adler and Cantor Rachel Stock Spilker, we will explore flow and cycles in our lives with assistance from others in our Mount Zion community.
- Inspire – Led by dynamic and talented songleader Wendy Goldberg, melodies, harmonies, and music weave throughout our retreat. Sing, dance, listen and enjoy the sounds of women’s voices rising together!
- Affirm – Enjoy an environment that affirms each person’s unique gifts. The positive, friendly atmosphere of the retreat welcomes new participants and helps everyone feel part of the larger community of women at Mount Zion.
- Enjoy – The retreat takes place in lovely Stillwater, MN at the peaceful Dunrovin Retreat Center, located on 50 acres along the St. Croix River. You may choose a single or double room. Linens and towels are provided.
- Discover – Come find out what makes this Shabbaton one of the greatest offerings for women of any age at Mount Zion Temple!
Cost, includes lodging for one night, four delicious meals, and all programming:
$170 – Early-bird for Mount Zion members now through December 23.
$190 – Non-members as well as members registering after December 23.
$40 – Additional fee for those wishing to stay for a second night & depart on Sunday.
Confidential financial assistance is available to members. Contact Cantor Rachel Stock Spilker at 651-698-3881 for assistance.
Attend OBOS your first year for free if you are in your 20s or 30s.
The Clara Margolis Women’s Leadership Fund
This new Fund is in memory of Clara Margolis (1901-1982) who served Mount Zion in the beginning of the 20th century in many extraordinary ways. She was Rabbi Harry Margolis’ wife and mother of Phil and Dick. This Fund is supporting this new initiative.
All interested should contact Cantor Spilker.
Please understand that our retreat often fills to capacity and late cancellations may prevent others from attending. With that in mind, cancellations must be received in writing prior to Friday, January 10, 2019. for a full refund. Cancellations after January 10 will receive a 50% refund. Refunds will be sent after the event. Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
OBOS is made possible, in part, by a generous donation from the Women of Mount Zion.