Sunday, 25 April
9:30 AM in Kowalski’s/Mount Zion’s parking lot (depart at 9:35 AM)
Finish no later than 12:30 PM
- We will ride somewhere close to 25 miles.
- Last time we averaged 12 MPH, and I suspect that will be the pace this weekend, too. This is a pleasure ride, not a workout:)
- If we get spread out, the lead group will stop to allow the group to catch up. This will always be true at points in the ride that require turns.
- The weather looks to be in the high 50s with a light wind from the south.
- The routewill be west on Summit to the East River Road, south on the East River Road to the Ford Bridge, west on the Ford Bridge to Minnehaha Parkway. Then we’ll cycle around Harriet and Bde Maka Ska and join with the Midtown Greenway to the West River Road, a short jaunt north to the Franklin Avenue Bridge, and then back to Mount Zion (I am trying to build in a reasonable way to get onto the new Ayd Mill bike path — we’ll see). I’ll bring a couple of maps with directions to distribute to a few folks.
- Before we leave, we’ll begin with just a few rules for the road. Clearly, since I led all of us to roll through a stop sign last time, only to be passed by a Ramsey County Sheriff patrol vehicle, I need to be a bit more mindful — we’ll discuss.
- Bring a mask for when we are gathered in the parking lot. Once we start riding, masking will be an individual’s decision.
- It’s also probably wise to bring some cash or credit card, just in case.
- No need to RSVP. Just know that we’ll leave the lot no later than 9:35 AM.
- If the weather forecast worsens, I’ll use this same email group to let people know of any change in plans no later than 7:00 PM on Saturday.
Please forward to any interested folks.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask.