We will have brunch and then our goal is to create 36 B4 Kits that can be handed out to children and young adults who arrive at the overflow shelter during the month of December. Each B4 Kit will contain a tied fleece blanket, 1 or 2 books, and a stuffed bear (or animal) that can be carried in a washable, sturdy fabric bag.
Here’s what you can do!
- We are asking for an $18 contribution to help defray the costs of the materials.
- Pay by credit card before the event.
- Mail a check to Edith Pang, WMZT Treasurer, 3505 Zane Ave. N. Crystal, MN 55422
- Pay by cash, check, or credit card at the time of the event.
- If you are able to bring in two 2-yard pieces of fleece. We will help you create your own blanket for the bags. Several members will be bringing sewing machines to stitch the blanket together before they are tied. Approximate fleece cost is $16 or more per completed blanket
- If you would like to make a contribution and not attend, that would be appreciated (see above payment methods)
- Fabric bags will be available for purchase and a portion will be donated to the WRJ Youth, Education and Special Projects (YES) Fund
- Please bring an item for the Neighborhood House Food Shelf