To register for events and classes, click here.
Brotherhood members will lead the services and we will present our 2017 Mensch Award to Victor Vital. We are looking for members who would like to sing in the Brotherhood Choir, as well as musicians to accompany services.
Grade 8-12 Students, Parents & Guardians; Open to the Congregation!
Discussion Led by Walid Issa
Founding Board Member at the American Palestinian Hope Project
Walid will speak to our 8th – 12th grade students, and adults are invited to listen in on the dialogue. Walid was raised in the Dehesha refugee camp in Bethlehem, attended St. Cloud University, and continues his peace work here in Minnesota.
Join us in a communal celebration of Passover led by Jonathan Eisenthal. A sumptuous Passover feast will be served!
Popovers, Matzo Ball Soup, Apricot Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Spring Vegetable Stir-Fry, Flourless Chiffon Cake w/Strawberries
Price: $26 by Friday, March 31. (After March 31 $30)
Price includes having a filled Seder plate and grape juice at every table. Feel free to bring your own Seder plate or other Passover items to personalize your experience. If you wish to have wine, please bring your own kosher-for-Passover bottle.
Both the 1st and 7th days of Passover are full holy days. The intermediate days are “regular festival days” and do not have a special service. Learn more about this event »
“Holiness, Rest, and Joy”
Friday – Sunday, June 9-11
Location: Audubon Center of the North Woods (54165 Audubon Drive, Sandstone, MN 55072)
Just 90 minutes from St. Paul.
Join the men of Mount Zion for our 6th annual men’s retreat – a weekend of fun, camaraderie, spirituality and enjoying the great outdoors!
The registration fee covers lodging for both nights, 5 delicious meals, snacks, drinks and all programming. Check-in time for the retreat will begin at 4 p.m., with Shabbat dinner to start at 7 p.m. Optional early activities on Friday will be announced as the retreat approaches. The retreat fills up quickly, so please register early to ensure your spot! For a single room, the cost is $270, double room $190, dorm room $150.
Many activities are available:
- Friday and Saturday afternoon bike ride
- Boating: rowboat, canoes and kayak
- Ropes course with zip line
- Raptor session
- Fishing – Grindstone Lake, with a maximum depth of 150 feet, is unique among lakes in east central Minnesota. The long, narrow 528 acre lake has enough oxygen in its deep cold waters to support coldwater species such as trout as well as cool and warmwater species such as bass, panfish, and northern pike. Brown trout and rainbow trout are stocked annually in the spring, and additional rainbow trout are stocked in the fall.
- Relaxation and contemplation
- March 27, 2017 - Jewish Values and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- March 27, 2017 - Prime Timers Event: Ageless Grace with Pola Rest
- March 17, 2017 - Shabbat for the Soul
- March 17, 2017 - Food for Thought: Mining the Treasures of Shabbat
- March 12, 2017 - PURIM at Mount Zion!
- March 8, 2017 - Adult Hebrew II
- March 7, 2017 - CANCELLED: Laughter Yoga for Purim
- March 6, 2017 - Israel Book Discussions
- March 5, 2017 - Brotherhood Event: Bagel Brunch & Speaker Event
- March 3, 2017 - Congregational Shabbat Dinner
- March 2, 2017 - Community Rally for Interfaith Solidarity
- February 28, 2017 - Wine and Wisdom: Miriam’s Cup: Wine Glass Painting Event
- February 26, 2017 - Rethinking Juvenile Justice
- February 24, 2017 - Shabbat at Home
- February 21, 2017 - Kehillah (Community) Council Meeting
- February 21, 2017 - Women’s Networking Event
- February 17, 2017 - Food for Thought and Shabbat Services with Sisterhood Participation
- February 12, 2017 - Lessons Learned Along the Path: Looking through the Lens of Audacious Hospitality
- February 11, 2017 - Dessert and Game Night
- February 10, 2017 - Tu BiSh’vat Seder