The group will offer a variety of trips exploring the many scenic bicycling trails in the Twin Cities area. We will take short trips (1-5 miles), medium trips (5-10 miles) and longer (15-30 miles).
In addition, we will offer help with bicycling safety and maintenance.
If you have any questions, you can contact Michael Kuhne
Upcoming Group EventsThere are currently no events scheduled. Please check back for updates.
Past Group Events
- We will ride somewhere close to 25 miles.
- Last time we averaged 12 MPH, and I suspect that will be the pace this weekend, too. This is a pleasure ride, not a workout:)
- If we get spread out, the lead group will stop to allow the group to catch up. This will always be true at points in the ride that require turns.
- The weather looks to be in the high 50s with a light wind from the south.
- The routewill be west on Summit to the East River Road, south on the East River Road to the Ford Bridge, west on the Ford Bridge to Minnehaha Parkway. Then we’ll cycle around Harriet and Bde Maka Ska and join with the Midtown Greenway to the West River Road, a short jaunt north to the Franklin Avenue Bridge, and then back to Mount Zion (I am trying to build in a reasonable way to get onto the new Ayd Mill bike path — we’ll see). I’ll bring a couple of maps with directions to distribute to a few folks.
- Before we leave, we’ll begin with just a few rules for the road. Clearly, since I led all of us to roll through a stop sign last time, only to be passed by a Ramsey County Sheriff patrol vehicle, I need to be a bit more mindful — we’ll discuss.
- Bring a mask for when we are gathered in the parking lot. Once we start riding, masking will be an individual’s decision.
- It’s also probably wise to bring some cash or credit card, just in case.
- No need to RSVP. Just know that we’ll leave the lot no later than 9:35 AM.
- If the weather forecast worsens, I’ll use this same email group to let people know of any change in plans no later than 7:00 PM on Saturday.
Thursday, August 22nd. – Pine Point Park to Stillwater (and return) – 20 miles roundtrip
using Gateway State Trail and Brown’s Creek Trail:
– 10:00 AM Meet at Pine Point Park – 11900 Norell Ave N, Stillwater, MN 55082
– 11:30 AM Stop for lunch in scenic downtown Stillwater
– 1:00 PM Arrive at Pine Point Park
I hope you can join us. Please let us know if you will be able to ride.
Susan Benfield and Shel Finvers
Sunday, September 8 – Saint Paul Classic Bike Ride – 15, 32 or 47 miles – your choice!
the information available at http://www.bikeclassic.org
Looking forward to riding with you
Sunday, 15 September
12:30 – 2:00
Start at Mount Zion parking lot
Ride the short St. Paul Bicycle Classic route:
15 miles – west on Summit, south on East River Road, thru downtown St. Paul, then back along Summit to the synagogue.
10-12 mph average speed
Lead: Michael Kuhne
All Temple members are invited to the next Biking Small Group/Brotherhood bike ride on Sunday, October 20 (MEA weekend). Meet at the St. Paul JCC parking lot (1375 St. Paul Ave., East Parking Lot) at 9:45 AM.
This 25 mile loop ride will take us to post 1950 Jewish sites of St. Paul, including 3 synagogues, 2 Jewish schools, the Mikva, the UJF offices and the Jewish Theater . We’ll also ride by Fort Snelling, Camp Coldwater (first European settlement in Minnesota) and Minnehaha Falls. There will be a break for lunch at Cecil’s on the route. The ride will be on city streets and bike paths through St. Paul, Mendota Heights and Minneapolis.
Don’t miss this great ride! RSVP to Andy Rapoport (email@example.com or cell (612-308-2586).
Sunday, 25 April
9:30 AM in Kowalski’s/Mount Zion’s parking lot (depart at 9:35 AM)
Finish no later than 12:30 PM
Please forward to any interested folks.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
Interested in joining this group? Contact the Group Leader.
Write to group leader Michael Kuhne to ask questions, get involved, join the group, suggest an event, or something else!